Team MetaGames Introduction
This is a true story of seven strangers picked to be on a team. Who will work together and design a game to find out what really happens when people stop being boring… and start getting innovative. Team MetaGames. I’m mostly kidding, let me restart that.
Greetings! We are Team MetaGames. We are a student game development group from the Game Specialization at Michigan State University who are working together for 15 weeks to design a game. Our original goal at the beginning of the semester was to submit our game to IGF, but we are thinking about launching our game to the Apple Store at the end of the year now. A bit about our team:
From left to right:
Rick Meurs, Benjamin Syzmczak, Dan Sosnowski, Carrie Cole, Aaron Preston, Bongi Chirunga, Antonio Revard, and Miguel Morales (Not in photo)
- Rick Meurs is our 2D artist who will be responsible for creating the majority of our 2D art assets including adorable freakin’ penguins, game environments, and menus.
- Benjamin Symczak is one of our programmers who has been focusing heavily on designing a few of our mini-games as well as implementing our character customization.
- Dan Sosnowski is our second programmer who developed our initial flick mechanics and has been working diligently since to create our menu system and tournament mode.
- Carrie Cole is our project manager and one of the designers on our team. She has been responsible for seeing that our project remains scoped and emphasizes the importance of polish way too much.
- Aaron Preston is one of our 3D artists who is responsible for creating all of the fun 3D accessories you can dress your penguin with.
- Bongi Chirunga is one of our designers on our team and has recently picked up sound design. Bongi is responsible for our sound design and has had a huge impact in the fun factor of our game.
- Antonio Revard is one of the designers and 3D artists on our team. The majority of the 3D art in the game is created by Antonio and all of the adorable animations our penguins have been crafted by Antonio.
- Miguel Morales is one of the sound designers of our team. He is responsible for all of our music and we shall forever blame him for having a catchy menu song be stuck in our head.
If you would like to know more about any of us please do not hesitate to visit our personal portfolios!